Thursday, April 9, 2009

Here Lies Treasure...

With Eric Mead at the CMOE workshop

Yesterday, my colleague Ken and I attended a two-part workshop by CMOE (Center for Mangement & Organization Effectiveness), in Los Altos California.

We spent the morning exploring "Applied Strategic Thinking", which included a strategy game called Journey for Jewels. Modesty won't prevent me from saying who won (ahem... the team I was on doubled the nearest team). The session was fun and information.  Definitely worth checking out.

In the afternoon, we spent time with CMOE's "Coaching Skills" workshop. This is one of my favorite coaching models. I first saw it about three years ago. I decided to take a refresher, since I was already there for the Strategy session.
I wasn't disappointed. CMOE has created a strong, research-based model that I use as the foundation of much of my coaching. 
I would highly recommend you take this course.


0 comments: