Sunday, June 29, 2008

Back to School...

On Tuesday, I'll be back to school.

I've spent the last three years 'cherry-picking' my learning from various seminars, books, and workshops; but that well has run a little dry.

This week I start my Master of Arts in Adult Education and Training at the University of Phoenix. It meets all my needs, because:
a) it's an online learning program (easier with my travel commitments)
b) the focus is very tight (every course revolves around training - no fat)

I'll be looking at this program from two perspectives.
First, from a content perspective, I hope to learn a lot about adult learning.
Second, from a delivery perspective, I hope to learn a lot about online learning.

Online learning has its' advantages and disadvantages.
I'm a very social creature, so I'm not sure that online learning is the best path for me.
On the other hand, I like to learn at my own pace, so online might be perfect.

This dichotomy is one I hope to explore here over the next year or so - starting Tuesday...


0 comments: