Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happiness is a warm internet connection...

One of the best 'freebies' available on the web today are the TEDTalks downloads.

Organized by one of my heroes, Richard Saul Wurman (designer/author of the Access Guides - which I have loved since, well, forever - among his other accomplishments), TED brings together some of the smartest and most talented people on earth (and Anthony Robbins, too!) to give 20 minute talks each year.

Some time ago, TED started posting the videos on their site, and now you can get them on iTunes as well. I've downloaded tons.

On our return from Maui today, I watched five talks.
I want to recommend one in particular.
It was a talk by Dan Gilbert, author of "Stumbling on Happiness", and you'll find it here.
I could write a bunch of words about it, but I won't. If you care anything about happiness and the ability to predict it, watch (twice).


0 comments: