Thursday, December 11, 2008

Restroom Iconography I: Mexico

Maybe it's my fascination with the human figure.
Maybe it's my interest in graphic design.

Maybe I'm just odd...

Whatever the reason, I am unreasonably delighted when I encounter a restroom with an atypical male/female icon on its' signboard.

I found this elegant icon outside the ladies room at the Marquis Resort in Los Cabos. I was waiting there for my wife (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

I'm not sure that Frank Lloyd Wright had restroom signs in mind when he said, "God is in the details". At the same time, I'm pretty sure he'd approve.


4 comments:

Beth Preddy said...

So cool that you noticed that. I handle the PR for Marquis Los Cabos and also have an eye for such things. Thanks for that post. I am sharing it with hotel management.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments, Beth.
I had never heard of the Marquis until my wife and I passed it on a beach walk.

We stopped in for lunch - which was excellent - by poolside and then wandered the grounds.
It's a beautiful hotel with many engaging design features.

Beth Preddy said...

I guess we have more work to do to make it a household word! At least among those who appreciate it and come back again and again. Next time you plan to be in Cabo, hope you'll stay at the hotel.

Unknown said...

You just might see us there, Beth!
You also might want to look at my Cabo photos at hues.smugmug.com.
You'll see a few shots of the Marquis from the beach, as well as a few more photos from the grounds.