Monday, December 8, 2008

Slow? No kidding...

Given the standards that people set each day, it's pretty hard to do something so stupid as to impress me. However, one of my neighbors has managed to do so.


As I drive home from work today, in heavy commuting traffic, the sun sets.
I pull into our housing complex and turn a blind corner, where I see a sign next to the road.
It reads "SLOW - Children at play".
When I turn the corner, her children are literally playing in the road, spilling out of their garage.

There are (at least) three things wrong with this situation:
  1. This woman cannot find a better place for her kids to play than in a road or garage? In a complex with a green space 100 feet away? In units that have fenced-in back yards? In a neighborhood with 2 nice parks within a block?
  2. They can't finish playing by 5 o'clock when all the commuting traffic is arriving?
  3. She keeps them playing in the dark, hoping her little yellow sign will suffice?

I can only assume she has really good life insurance policies on her two girls and doesn't like them all that much.

*image from daily ha-ha


0 comments: