Monday, February 2, 2009

Top 5 Reasons to Go Back to School

I'm finishing my 6th class in my Masters program in Adult Education, and - in the words of Loverboy - Lovin' Every Minute of It.




Ummm... in what is a massive insult for a rock back, I'll go on the record and say that going to college is better than this song...

Why am I enjoying college so much?
Here are my top 5 reasons.
  1. Required Reading - I love to read. I read a lot. But I rarely stray from my favorite topics. College is cool because they require you to read stuff you wouldn't normally read. Sure, most of it sucks... but the stuff that's good opens tons of new doors for your mind.
  2. Good Teachers - Even rarer than good books, and far more valuable. You might accidently stumble on a good book in a store, but you won't trip over a good teacher without attending a class. It's a fact.
  3. Student Discounts - I got Mircosoft office for $79. Yeah, I know that's the definition of a mixed blessing, but it's still kinda cool!
  4. Smart Classmates - I've worked for the same company for 20 years, so I could use some fresh air. My fellow students provide that. They do different work than me, live in different places than me, and have a different viewpoint. I learn from them every day.
  5. Not-so-smart Classmates - The Unintentional Comedy factor is pretty high in college. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't see a head-shaking comment from one of my classmates. 

Learning and laughing... what could be better?


0 comments: