Monday, January 11, 2010

Le Grand Tour D'Asia: Day 4 of 58

proof that you shouldn't drink and drive powerpoint

Monday, January 11
Learning Moment: Singapore

Yeah, I admit it. This is bad. But I couldn't help myself.

Angie and I were eating dinner at Prego, a favorite Italian restaurant of ours in Singapore.
At the table next to us, a woman was sipping a glass of wine while creating an awful PowerPoint presentation.

I had to sneak my camera out and take a shot of it.
Just about everything is wrong with this slide:
  • It's got a terrible, noisy background
  • The title is meaningless
  • Baaaad clip art
  • Red lines that are hard to see against the dark blue background
  • And you can't see it, but don't get me started about the animation (everything flew in from somewhere)

The worst part of it?
She spend two hours of her life making small adjustments to this, as if the small adjustments would improve the presentation! That doesn't count the hours she spent before I saw her.

There really isn't any excuse for this. I wanted to shake her by the shoulders and command her to buy "slide:ology" or "Presentation Zen".
On the other hand, ever crappy presentation out there makes me look better.

So, let others keep making bad presentation, I say.
As long as I don't have to watch them...


0 comments: