Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time is on my side...

It's a new day in America, that's for sure...


I don't comment much on the politics of the US or the world.
Why? Well, there are a bunch of reasons.

For one thing, we (Angie and me) have lived in 3 countries (Japan, Singapore, US). I've lived 1/4 of my life overseas, so I don't see the US as the center of everything (you could make a stronger argument that it's the center of nothing).

A couple of other reasons (which aren't terribly interesting and, furthermore, aren't really anyone's business - but they explain the above) include the fact that I watch less than an hour of television a week (I literally only see TV as my dvd player is warming up or as I'm watching sports) and that I don't own a cell phone. 
So, I only really notice things when they've lasted longer than a carton of milk (and most things don't). That means I haven't even heard of an issue until Anderson Cooper, Nancy Grace, and Bill O'Reilly have beaten the dead horse thirty-three times over and moved on to their latest hurricane or child kidnapping.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll judge this new era after it happens. Just like I'll judge the last era after I get a little distance (I'm not sure I can actually get enough distance - but that's another story).


0 comments: