Thursday, March 26, 2009

Restroom Iconography IX: La Concha, La Paz

If you've been following this blog (and, let's be honest, you probably haven't been... you've probably ended up here by some freak accident - it's okay, I welcome you...) then you know that I'm a bit of a restroom icon geek.

I love the surprise of finding a restroom that uses a non-traditional icon for males and females toilets.
Sure, it takes a minute longer for me to find the right one, but I'm engaged.
That's a plus!

This is an icon from La Concha Resort in La Paz, Mexico. You may have noticed that it's not a Mexican motif. In fact, it's Thai.
La Concha Resort is filled with art and sculpture from South East Asia. I'm not sure why, but I enjoyed it while I was there.

Regardless of origin, even I could figure out that this identified the ladies restroom. I turned around and went to the mens room. But only after I snapped a picture. I like the colors. I like the woodgrain. Most of all, I like the fact that someone took more than five minutes to think about what image would mark the restrooms...


0 comments: