Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What Is A Good Day?

I think a good day is when I can climb out on the end of a branch and not have it break.


Or in this case, a vine that I'm swinging from in the Daintree Rainforest in Northern Australia.

I was reminded of this yesterday as my colleague, Ken Wells, and I swapped roles in a 2-day class that we co-teach.

It's pretty disorienting when you do someone elses job for a couple days. It's like when Angie and I swap sides on the bed (well, it's like that except that it's a whole lot different...).

Maybe I'm strange, but I like taking on something new. I like disorientation (you can't be found until you're lost, I like to say). I like being flooded with new images and sensory input. I like making mistakes.

As long as the branch doesn't break. And it didn't break.


0 comments: