Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Big Five Personality Test




This morning, as part of our summer training series, we spent time discussing DiSC profiling - our preferred tool for discussing types of people.
We like DiSC because we're more interested in behavior than personality, and also because it's easy to understand and use.

There are times, however, when you need a personality test. In coaching, for example, it helps to explore the differences between behavior and personality.
We've used Meyers-Briggs for personality in the past, but last week (courtesy of SNOOP, a book I discussed in another post) I took a 'Big Five' personality test.
You can find the test here.

The Big Five explores five dimensions (of course).
They are:

  • Openness
  • Conscientiousness
  • Extraversion
  • Agreeableness
  • Neuroticism

Angie and I both took the test and it seems to be pretty accurate. You can see my results above.

I score high for openness, extraversion, and agreeableness. On the other hand, I'm low for conscientiousness and neuroticism.
I'm going to try this in some of my coaching and see how it compares to Meyers-Briggs.


0 comments: