Saturday, August 2, 2008

Testing... Testing... for Coaching Certification

I spent a couple of hours this morning taking my test for IAC certification.
Not an easy test, by any stretch, so I relieved to find that passed, with room to spare.

The second part of certification will be to tape my coaching sessions and submit them for review.
I think that will be easier than the test... at least I hope so!

If you're serious about coaching, I would recommend looking at the IAC. The "IAC Coaching Masteries Workbook" provides an excellent framework for effective coaching.
  1. Establishing and maintaining a relationship of trust
  2. Perceiving, affirming and expanding the client’s potential
  3. Engaged listening
  4. Processing in the present
  5. Expressing
  6. Clarifying
  7. Helping the client set and keep clear intentions
  8. Inviting possibility
  9. Helping the client create and use supportive systems and structures

You don't have to join to buy the workbook, but you'll probably want to.


0 comments: