Saturday, September 13, 2008

Does Your Offering Succeed on Five Levels?

In an earlier post - 'Mindmapping Huesworks' - I outlined the terrain that I plan to cover with this blog.

Following that framework, I've been cycling through the five elements, from Monday to Friday.
Occasionally, however, I run across something I want to post, but am not sure where to put it.

Such is the case with this music video by Japanese singer/songwriter Cocco . Cocco is performing "The Hill of Dugongs" at LiveEarth in Japan. Don't be confused by the newsreel opening, there is a music performance here!



I could file it under:

  • 'Leadership' as an example of authenticity, passion, and being a role model. Cocco is from Okinawa, so this isn't just a trendy issue for her.
  • 'Learning' as an example of teaching through story.
  • 'Creativity' because of her expression through music.
  • 'DesignComm' for the way she designs her communication and communicates her design.
  • 'Global Culture' for the views Cocco provides of Okinawa, Japan, and even the US.

Instead of filing this in any catagory, I'll just offer it, with the observation that the best offerings often succeed or provide on many levels.

I watched a lot of LiveEarth last year and, for me, Cocco's performance - along with Dave Grohl's exhortation that "It's times like these we learn to love again" - was the highlight of the festival.

What can we learn from Cocco?
How about this question - do your offerings succeed on five levels?


0 comments: