Sunday, September 14, 2008

Poll: Does Your Team Have a Mission Statement?

It seems like I don't go more than a week without a conversation about mission statements...

This weekend I've been reading "The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organisation" by Peter Drucker, with new material by Jim Collins, James Kouzes and others.

I'm pleased to see that Mr. Drucker and I agree strongly that "The effective mission statement is short and sharply focused. It should fit on a T-shirt. "
We also agree that "Your core mission provides guidance, not just about what to do, but equally what not to do."

This is the first book by Drucker that I've read (I know, I know... it's inexcusable, I promise to make up for it in the next few months) and I'm sure we'll agree on a lot... as if his work needs my validation.

Anyway, that brings us to this weeks poll (you'll find it to the right):
Does your team have a mission statement?


0 comments: