Monday, September 22, 2008

Tom Peters: Seven Questions about Brand You

My Dad, Tom Peters and me - Palo Alto, CA (1989)

Some things age well. Some things don't.
My dad looks younger today than he did in this photo 20 years ago.
And Tom Peters is still provoking thought and discussion.

Here are 7 timeless provocations from Tom, from 'the brand you 50', published in 1999. Use this exercise to create your 'personal brand'.
  1. I am known for (2-4 things). By this time next year, I plan also to be known for (1-2 more things).
  2. My current project is challenging me in the follow (1-3 ways).
  3. New stuff I've learned in the last 90 days includes: (1-3 things).
  4. Important new additions to my Rolodex in the last 90 days include (2-4 names).
  5. My public - local/regional/national/global - 'visibility program' consists of (1-2 things).
  6. My principal 'resume enhancement activity' for the next 90 days is (1 item).
  7. My resume/CV is discernibly different from last years on this date in the following (1-2 ways).

Trade 'Rolodex' for 'LinkedIn' and it's hard to imagine anything I'd change in this list.


0 comments: