Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Poll: How are you Learning?

This weeks poll asks "how are you learning currently?"

  1. Are you learning by going to school?
    This would include high school, college, or graduate programs.
  2. Are you learning by attending workshops?
    This would include short courses run by community centers, commercial training companies, online learning organizations, and more.
  3. Are you learning 'on-the-job'?
    Someone is teaching you the ropes through an in-house program, a mentoring program, or some type of 'sign-off' buddy system.
  4. Are you learning informally?
    This would include reading, web-surfing, communities of practice, forums, and hobbies.
  5. Or are you taking a break from learning?
    Maybe you're on vacation. Maybe you're focused on life in general. Or you're working so hard that there's very little learning going on in your life.

I'm currently engaged in all of the top four.

  • I'm learning at school as I work on my Master's degree in Adult Education and Learning.
  • I'm attending two upcoming workshops in September and October (one on coaching and one for Leadership Challenge).
  • I'm in a constant state of learning in my job. I'm designing a new class, which is also a learning experience for me.
  • Finally, I'm learning informally through this blog. I finally decided to work on a customized blog format, so I downloaded this template from eblogtemplates.com, and spent some time customizing it. I've also spent a lot of time reading this weekend. Over the next few weeks, I'll blog on what I've learned.

So how about you? Take the poll and post your comments.
How are you learning?


0 comments: