Sunday, September 21, 2008

Three Reasons Why This Was a Great Sunday...

  1. The NY Football Giants won a thriller over Cincinnati, in overtime, to go to 3-0. (if you didn't know, I'm from New York)
  2. The NY Yankees won the final game played in Yankee Stadium, while giving the 'cathedral' the kind of farewell that only the Yankees seem to do right. As Derek Jeter said to the fans after the game - "Pride, Tradition, and the best fans in the world..."
  3. In between #1 and #2, Angie and I squeezed in a nice walk at Alum Rock Park, where I caught the snake pictured above. While it smelled like demon spawn (seriously, I've never smelled anything this bad... I immediately had to wash, twice), it was a beautiful snake, and very generous with the whole 'forked tongue' routine for my camera. When I got home, I found out - courtesy of my Audubon reference book - that garter snakes emit a musk when irritated.
    So, I've been musk'd!


0 comments: