Friday, November 21, 2008

Is there a Special Place in Hell for Timeshare Salesmen?

From Cabo San Lucas:

We were help captive for 30 minutes today so a Dollar Rental Car employee/partner could pitch a timeshare for us while our care was 'readied'.
Felt like I was the one being readied - not unlike a turkey is readied for Thanksgiving dinner.

We walked away... my time is worth more than their money... but, boy, do I hate that!

Number eleven of the huesvalues is "Offerings, Not Products".
This value originally was titled, "Selling Sucks", which sits a lot closer to my true feelings - but is patently unfair and demeaning to the many people who sell with integrity and personal authenticity.
I was talked off the ledge regarding this value by a couple of fine (smart) colleagues.

Still, there's a part of me that wanted to be more blunt. I'm an active, smart consumer.
Give me the information I need, a web address, and a phone number.
If you're product is any good, you'll hear from me.

If not, well, you're not going to hear from me no matter how hard you try.


0 comments: