Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Best Business Tools - A Facilitator's Toolbox

My Facilitation Toolbox on Index Cards

I'm a former engineer.
I carried a well-stocked toolbox when I was an engineer... and I like to have the same as a facilitator.
This is a stack of index cards that has all of my favorite models, frameworks, and notes.
When I plan a session, I sort through the cards to build an agenda with my client. There are about 50 cards in my collection.

Below is a list of my most-used tools. Tools at the top of the list are used daily.
In the middle are tools I use weekly. At the bottom are tools I use monthly (or so).
  1. DiSC Behavioral Profile (link)
  2. Situational Leadership II
  3. SMART Goals
  4. ADKAR Change Model (link)
  5. Six Thinking Hats
  6. 7-Step Problem Solving
  7. GROW Model (link)
  8. The Leadership Challenge
  9. The Facilitation Diamond
  10. Five Dysfunctions of a Team
  11. Tuckman's Team Model (link)
  12. Globesmart Webtool
  13. PREP Model
  14. Strengths - Buckingham
  15. Humility - Egonomics
  16. Counterfeits - Egonomics
  17. Flow (Optimal Experience) Model
  18. Language Processing Method
  19. Fishbone Diagram
  20. Five Finger Facilitation
  21. Storyboarding
  22. Life Balance Wheel (link)
  23. Points of Power
  24. Circle of Influence - Covey (link)
  25. The Results Pyramid - Oz (link)
  26. Above / Below the Line - Oz (link)
  27. The Conscious Competence Model
  28. Gallup Q12 (12 Questions)

Check back, as I'll continue to update this list.
And tell me what's missing. What are your favorite tools?


0 comments: